Canada is home to nearly 500 species of birds. Some species, such as certain warblers, weigh as much as a tea bag and some, such as Bald Eagles and American White Pelicans, are giants in the sky.
This comprehensive book includes:
* ID, habitat, status, nesting, feeding, voice and similar species
* Notes on each species' natural history, name origins, specific behaviours and habits to watch for
* Mnemonics to help remember species
* Conservation activities underway in all provinces
* Beautiful full-colour illustrations and photos for each species
* Updated range maps
* Birdwatching tips and best sites.
Lone Pine Publishing has produced quality bird field guides for cities and provinces across Canada for many years. This book presents up-to-date, fascinating information to people of all ages interested in watching birds and learning about them.