Every day, Canadian police put their lives on the line to bring safety and security to our communities. Fallen Officers is a memorial to the men and women shot in the line of duty. Their heroic stories and tragic sacrifices deserve to be remembered:
* Four Mounties from Mayerthorpe were shot while trying to apprehend James Roszko, who was suspected of having a marijuana grow-operation on his property
* In a high-risk drug raid gone horribly wrong, Basil Parasiris shot Laval Constable Daniel Tessier to death before surrendering
* After pulling over a truck for failing to turn down its high beams, Constable Dennis Strongquill was gunned down by Robert Mario Sand, who was the subject of a Canada-wide warrant
* Veteran Corporal Jim Galloway was shot by Martin Ostopovich, a diagnosed schizophrenic, as Ostopovich tried to flee from police
* Constable Marc Bourdages and single mother Constable Robin Cameron are killed by Curtis Dagenais after pursuing him near Mildred, Saskatchewan
* An all-out manhunt ensued when the body of Constable Christopher Worden was discovered at an apartment building in Hay River, Northwest Territories.