Trees of Ontario is a comprehensive guide to all native and naturalized trees and tall shrubs in the province. Includes 213 species from 31 families:
* Notes of interest on edible fruits and on human and wildlife use of the trees
* 574 colour photos and illustrations show each treeís bark, leaves, flowers, fruits or cones, and overall shape
* Identification is easy with tips for distinguishing similar species
* Range maps and habitat descriptions
* Illustrated keys based on leaf, flower, fruit and winter characteristics
* Name origins and French names
* Illustrated glossary.
Keep this handy book in your backpack for easy reference on hikes and walks, or put it on your cottage bookshelf.