This book brings the small yet beautiful world of mosses, liverworts, lichens and ferns to those interested in the fascinating world of our Northwest nature. Covering the region from southern Oregon to Alaska and from the Pacific Ocean to Montana and Saskatchewan, this guide features:
* Over 370 of the most common species enhanced with photos
* Hundreds of additional similar species described
* The major vegetation zones in northwestern North America
* Habitat descriptions and distribution maps
* Systematic keys to the species in each section
* Horsetails and clubmosses, as well as mosses, liverworts, lichens and ferns.