Here in beautiful British Columbia, the weather can vary from bitter cold in the Peace Country to blizzards in the Interior, rain in Vancouver and sunny skies in Victoria. Another day could see fog banks drifting along the outer coast while the Fraser Valley cooks and thunderstorms rumble through the Okanagan. Join BC meteorologist Rob Pigott as he explores the ever-fascinating subject of our weather:
* Major influences on the climate here, including the Pacific Ocean, El Nino, the Arctic, and the many microclimates created by our mountain ranges
* The impact of weather on forest fires and avalanches
* Typical cloud patterns, snowflakes, raindrops, hailstones and sleet
* Extreme weather throughout BC's history
* Weather forecasting techniques and equipment
* Implications of trends such as global warming
* Colour photos, charts, illustrations and maps throughout.