Organic gardening is natural. It's using compost instead of chemical fertilizers to improve the health of your soil. It's picking the bugs off plants by hand instead of spraying the dickens out of them and all the beneficial insects in your garden with pesticide. It's using mulches to retain moisture and reduce watering needs. It's proven: chemical fertilizers and pesticides have a negative impact--on our health, on the environment and on future generations.
The author of more than 25 gardening books, Laura Peters has practised and taught about organic gardening for years. In this book, she explores the subject thoroughly:
*Hundreds of colour photographs
* Special considerations for Canadian garden seasons
* The importance of healthy soil
* Creating and maintaining an organic garden
* Planning and designing a variety of organic gardens, including: container gardens, edible gardens, water gardens and naturalized wildlife gardens
* Caring for plants the organic way
* Pest and disease problems and treatments.
It's simple. It's natural. It's good for you. Do yourself and future generations a favour and start gardening. Organically.