Seventy-seven of Alberta's native and naturalized trees and shrubs are described and illustrated in this comprehensive pictorial field guide. Featuring such common coniferous species as spruces, pines and junipers, it also reveals the wide range of Alberta's deciduous trees.
Trees and Shrubs of Alberta includes:
* 180 colour photos and line drawings showing each plant's bark, leaves, flowers, fruits and cones
* Descriptions of edible fruits and berries
* Medicinal, aboriginal, historical and current uses
* Clear, non-technical descriptions to aid identification
* Habitat keys and distribution maps
* Name origins and alternate names
* A comprehensive glossary.
Trees and Shrubs of Alberta is an invaluable resource for professional and amateur naturalists alike.