The mighty polar bear. The plucky beaver. The majestic caribou. These iconic animals are etched in our national consciousness (and on our coins), but they represent only a small fraction of the amazing variety of mammals found in Canada's wild. Lone Pine Publishing, Canada's leading publisher of nature guides, celebrates this diversity with Mammals of Canada. Features include:
* 188 species accounts with information about habitat, food, young, den, range and similar species
* Colour-coded header bars and quick reference guide to make finding information fast and easy
* Beautiful illustrations and photographs
* Range maps
* ''Did you know'' facts
* Detailed descriptions of our natural regions
* Tips on watching mammals
* Canada's top mammal-watching sites.
Whether you are a naturalist, a photographer, a wildlife enthusiast or simply appreciate the great outdoors, this book will become a vital reference in your natural history library.