The Volunteer State is a rich source of supernatural lore. Inspired by true stories and folklore -- both new and old -- found in Tennessee, author A.S. Mott weaves a series of tales that will put a chill down your spine and curdle your blood:
* A young woman making her first pilgrimage to Graceland learns that the King really is dead after all
* A wounded British soldier who fell in love with the Cherokee woman who nursed him back to health returns from the grave to avenge her unjust death
* A teenage girl discovers why her coworkers seem so skittish when she takes a graveyard shift at the local shopping center
* A mysterious green haze over a lake seeks retribution for a crime committed on its murky waters
* A fiddler can be heard playing a melancholy song after his heart was broken many years ago
* Two lovers out on a secret rendezvous have a terrifying encounter with a faceless creature
* A specter is seen on a road near Kingsport warning drivers of the hazards ahead
* The ghost of a little girl leads several people to a mysterious glass jar buried in the ground.
From Chattanooga to Memphis, and from Nashville to Kingsport, murder and tragedy are woven together with mystery and misfortune in this chilling collection of tales of the paranormal.