The greatest, funniest and most memorable phrases in hockey history:
• How would you like a job where every time you make a mistake, a big red light goes on and 18,000 people boo?
–Jacques Plante, former Montréal Canadiens goaltender
• I get paid for the practices. I’d play the games for nothing.
–Tim Horton, former Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman
• When we’ve got the puck, they can’t score.
–Paul Coffey, former Edmonton Oilers forward
• We get nose jobs all the time in the NHL, and we don’t even have to go to the hospital.
–Brad Park, former Detroit Red Wings defenseman
• Hockey players can walk on water.
• I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out.
–Rodney Dangerfield, comedian
• You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.
–Wayne Gretzky, “The Great One”
• Hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept.
• Remember, keep your stick on the ice.
– Steve Smith, a.k.a. Red Green
• I’ve got nothing to say, and I’m only going to say it once!
–Floyd Smith, former Toronto Maple Leafs head coach
Witty, insightful and just plain confusing quotations about coaching, hockey hair, attitude, penalties and more…