Each of the 365 days of our Gregorian calendar is represented in this book with morsels of odd trivia, historical events, celebrity birthdays, weather anomalies and astrological information. With a decidedly Candian twist, it’s an entertaining and enlightening new take on a day that happens every year:
• Be sure to call your grandmother on January 26 and tell her it’s “National Peanut Brittle Day.” It’s also Wayne Gretzky’s birthday
• On May 3, 1915 Canadian Solider John McCrae took only 20 minutes to compose his poem 'In Flanders Fields'
• February 29 is “Sadie Hawkins Day,” the official day in which a woman can ask a man to marry her. It is also “Leap Year Day,” so if you end up getting married on this date, you will only have to remember your anniversary once every four years
• April 17, 1982 was the day Canada became an independent nation from Britain
• The number one song on June 16, 1985 was "Heaven" by Canadian pop star Bryan Adams
•March 9 is “Middle Name Pride Day.” Benedict Martin Paul "Ben" Mulroney was born on this day in 1976.
And so much more…