North Carolina Trivia is full of fascinating and often humorous stories of strange places, bizarre events, intriguing history and colorful characters:
* The famous Siamese Twins, Chang and Eng Bunker, lived in and are buried near Mount Airy -- the town after which Andy Griffith modeled his ''Mayberry'' TV town
* The state was the nation's biggest producer of gold, long before the California Gold Rush
* Babe Ruth hit his first professional home run in a scrimmage match in Fayetteville
* The world's largest privately owned home, measuring 175,000 square feet, is the Biltmore Estate in Asheville -- built by the famous Vanderbilt family
* It's illegal to sing off-key in the town of Nags Head
* The first English colony in America was located on Roanoke Island, but the inhabitants mysteriously vanished
* People from across the country meet up in Spivey's Corner and holler for all they're worth in the National Hollerin' Contest.
And so much more...